THE city has many popular drinking establishments that have been operating for years – but do you remember any of those old pubs?
Dozens of pubs in Worcester have closed, demolished or turned into homes, apartments, takeaways and supermarkets.
Here are 20 pubs from around Worcester that may be, albeit vaguely, familiar.
The Deers Leap closed in 2010 and was eventually demolished and replaced by Barbourne Medical Center.
The Duke of Wellington, once described as “the sleaziest pub” in Worcester, closed around 1970. It was located near the current location of the Elgar School of Music and Huntingdon Hall.
The Ewe and Lamb closed in the early 1970s and was demolished.
The old Sansome Street pub building still stands and has been used as offices for at least the past two decades.
The Salmon’s Leap closed in 2007 and was demolished. A pub had existed on the site since 1900 and was previously known as The Fountain.
The Star Inn pub dates back to at least the late 1800s, and may even be older, and has been a Cantonese restaurant since the late 90s.
The Barley Mow closed in 2006 and now offers takeout.
The Drakes Drum was demolished in 2012 and replaced with apartments.
The Lakes, which was built in the 1960s, closed in 2014 and was turned into a Co-op supermarket.
The plow was demolished in the 1970s to make way for the new City Walls Road.
Toby’s Tavern has since been replaced by Icybao Glacier.
The former Unicorn Inn on Broad Street is now the entrance to the city’s Crowngate Shopping Centre.
The Vauxhall Inn closed around 2010 and now houses the Curry House Balti Mahal.